1.Purpose of use and eligible person for video data
KYOTO STOCK FOOTAGE LIBRARY (https://footage.kyoto.travel/, hereinafter referred to as the “Site”) is a video-providing site operated by (Public interest incorporated association) Kyoto City Tourism Association and (Public interest incorporated foundation) Kyoto Convention & Visitors Bureau (hereinafter referred to as the " Association and Foundation") aiming to promote Kyoto as tourism promotion, image enhancement, and travel destination. The videos posted on the Site mainly provide the video data of Kyoto free of charge to travel agencies visiting Japan which will plan to send tourists to Kyoto, media (web, movie, TV show) creators, website creators, organizers who plan to hold or attract MICE in Kyoto, and travel agencies, PCO, or the like which are commissioned by the organizers. Please apply after confirming the user guide.
2.Copyrights, portrait rights, etc.
The copyright of the video data registered on the Site belongs to Kyoto City.
We do not have any rights such as portrait rights included in the data. Licensing for using videos acquired through appropriate procedures within the scope of the purpose for which applied is confirmed by Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation. In the event of a dispute between the applicant and any third party regarding the rights relating to the video data, Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation shall not be liable whatsoever.
We prohibit the following activities based on the video data registered on the Site.
- 1.Use other than the use stated when applied.
- 2.Duplication of the provided video data or assignment of the provided video data to a third party.
- 3.Production or sales of any websites similar to the Site by misappropriating the data.
- 4.Use for CI (Corporate Identity) or VI (Visual Identity), use for the main image of a large-scale campaign (a campaign linked to TVCM, etc.), and use or register all or part of the video data as all or part of a trademark, trade name, service mark, or any labeling, etc. of any merchandise.
- 5.Use that changed content or style significantly, use for the adult entertainment industry, use that contains content that is offensive to public order or morals, or use that might create a misunderstanding as if the subject had a religious or political belief.
- 6.Use that may create a misunderstanding that the subject has a partnership or cooperative relationship, or that such subject appreciates or endorses user's or any third party's commercial activities or services.
- 7.Use for expressions or activities that are prohibited by law, use for expressions or activities that infringe the rights of a third party through defamation or privacy infringement, etc. Use that alongside such materials.
- 8.Other use that is deemed by Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation to be inappropriate.
4.Cooperation for external information provision
Applicants are requested to cooperate in providing external information provided by Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation (promotional support achievements of the Association and Foundation, etc.).
Please provide one copy of a recording medium such as a DVD that contains a video production using the provided video data. Please let us know of a listening method (URL of the page, etc.) if it is released on the Internet or elsewhere.
Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation shall not be liable whatsoever for loss or damage caused by the use of the provided video data. In addition, the information on the Site may be changed or deleted without giving prior notice.
In the case that the above terms are not complied with, Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation may request the applicant to discontinue, collect, and destroy the use at the applicant's expense, and the applicant shall follow said request.
If Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation determine that a work violating the terms of service is released on media (broadcasting, Internet, videogram, etc.), Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation may demand necessary measures, such as deleting the work, to the applicant or the media which is released.
In the event of a dispute relating to the terms of service, the court having jurisdiction over the location of Kyoto City and the Association and Foundation shall be the exclusive jurisdiction court.
Also, if the applicant makes a false statement on the application form, the license shall be automatically revoked, and continued use shall be treated as unauthorized use.